Re: Oracle SQL*Plus and the '&' character ...... help needed .....

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_spry.com>
Date: 1996/05/24

Ian Lang wrote:

> Hi,
> Currently I have a table ( Oracle V7.2.3 ) that has data in a field that
> contains the '&' character. The field name is component_number and the
> data is 'F&GS '. I want to change this data to something else but each
> time I run the script is comes back and says 'Enter value for GS :' .

By now you undoubtedly have fixed this, but why not get the rowid, and update the value where rowid = nnn?

Funny, 'F&GS' doesn't sound like a number to me. Must be one of those irrationals.

--
Jeremiah Wilton         Web page: http://feng.spry.com/jer.html
Database Engineer | SPRY/CompuServe Internet Div. (206)957-8843