listener "error"

From: Steve J Emmett <semmett_at_mason2.gmu.edu>
Date: 1996/05/20

when I execute lsnrctl start as oracle, everything seems to go along ok until just before the point where the summary screen is shown (listener, alias, location of files, etc)

At his "just before" point, I get an error that is shown on the screen (but NOT reflected in the log) that says something to the effect "smux cannot connect ". There is NO error number associated with this message, nor is there anything that I've been able to find in the documentation that says what this might indicate.

the listener.ora file I'm using was generated with the oracle network manager.

I'm getting this error and i'm pretty convinced that it is the cause of the subsequent tns errors I'm getting; ie sqlplus name/passwd_at_service returns an error (tns 12205 as I recall).

any hints as to what the smux thing might be?

Steve

Steve J. Emmett                  semmett_at_gmu.edu
George Mason University
    "A mind that is stretched to a new idea
     never returns to its original dimension."