Forms4.5 Boilerplate left/right anchor

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU>
Date: 1996/05/20

There must be a trick to this, but I can't find it:

Sometimes when boilerplate text is modified (characters are added), it expands to the left after you finish the edit. Other times it expands right. In the first case, the right end of the text is anchored on the canvas; in the second, the left end is anchored. What is the trick to switching this behavior?

This is especially important when a form is run on a client with a different monitor resolution. Boilerplate aligned on the left should remain anchored on the left so multiple lines continue to be aligned on a vertical line. Rightaligned  boilerplate should maintain the right alignment. Any expansion or contraction due to the different font or resolution should expand opposite to the anchor.

I know that if I select a boilerplate item with one anchor setting, anything created after that will have the same property. But if I mistakenly create a bunch the wrong way, how can I change them without deleting all of them and retyping  them?

We encountered this problem in the process of porting some Windows Forms to a Mac. The Mac has different fonts and screen resolutions, so the boilerplate anchoring is a big deal.

I sure hope someone has the key!

Thanks in advance,
Steve Cosner, <stevec_at_csufresno.edu>, Fresno, California, USA Received on Mon May 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message