Re: OPO: Translation Property

From: Eric Therrien <ericth_at_montrealnet.ca>
Date: 1996/05/17

In article <31993855.6883_at_earthlink.net>, Jason Byors <jbyors_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> What is the best way to set the translation property on a repeater
> display field dynamically. I can't seem to be able to use variables
> in the property. I also can't seem to be able to set the traslation
> property in the OnLoad property of the form.
>
> Thank for the help,
> JB

You have to "generate" it at run time from some other part of your application, you can't past a variable in the Translation property.

Best way to do this is that when you'r user enter some key that you need to build your Translation property, in the PostChange method of that field you fo the following:

   inherited.PostChange()

   <your repeater here>.Translation = "soemthing, just build your string here...".

Remember it has to be the same format that if you'd have type it yourself, like the following:

   repeater.Translation = "=AT somewhere WHERE something...."

Need more help, just eMail...

  Eric Therrien                       Internet: ericth_at_montrealnet.ca
  Club Informatique Longueuil: http://www.connectmmic.net/users/cil
  Président du Club Informatique longueuil inc           Montreal, PQ