Re: WebServer 1.0 Multiple servers on port 80 ?

From: Thomas Dunbar <tdunbar_at_diads.com>
Date: 1996/05/12

Grant Visser wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> PLEEEEZE could someone tell me how to start multiple listeners/servers on port 80.
>
> I have www.a.z and www.b.z and www.c.z all running on the same physical system each
> with their own IP address.
>
> I want each of them to connect and run their own web applications/pages over the standard port 80.
>
> How do I do this?

dont know about wrt the spyglass httpd that comes with webserver..but if you use Apache httpd instead, you just add:

<VirtualHost ip.address>
ServerAdmin your_name_at_your.address
DocumentRoot /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/ip.address.base_dir ServerName ip.address
</VirtualHost>

to httpd.conf
providing you have the os recognizing the multiple ip addresses.

--
Thomas Dunbar    540 231-3251 (fax 3714)   http://diads.com/