calculating space on tables

From: david sacks <dcs1_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/05/11

Hi....

Was wondering if anyone can help....am putting together some OPO forms showing various statistics related to space management. For example, tablespace allocation and fragmentation. I could use some help in determining how to calculate the amount of space already used in tables. I know how to get the extent info...(from dba_extents). This info could then be used to determine whether to increase space to prevent abnormal termination.

Also, if anyone has any suggestion on other forms that might be valuable to help manage the system I would be forever grateful....I'm not a DBA, so please help.

Since I'm not on-line every night e-mail would be grateful :-} I can be reached at dcs1_at_ix.netcom.com.

Thanks one and all,

David Sacks Received on Sat May 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message