Access 2.0 to Oracle 7.0 Date format

From: Norman G. King <cable_at_cybergate.org>
Date: 1996/05/11

Help I am exporting an Access database into a Fixed Width text file and then importing it into Oracle on a HP-UX system. Access stores its date in the MM/DD/YY format, like 05/01/96 while Oracle uses the DD-MON-YY format like 05-MAY-96, Oracle won't read in the date format from the text file because it says it is not a proper date format!

I know I should be using SQL*NET but the administrators won't give me the Windows drivers I need to connect via ODBC, so I have to do it via a text file.

I'm doing Contract work for the Federal Government with very little support, you have no idea how little support I have. Most of the support I have gotten is from other Contractors working with me.

We have WFW 3.11 with Access 2.0, and FTP's On-Net 2.0 software to connect via TCP/IP to the HP-UX system. We access Oracle via a Telenet connection over the TCP/IP and FTP the text file to the HP-UX system.

E-mail me at CABLE_at_CYBERGATE.ORG as I don't read this group very often and messages have a habit of falling off. Received on Sat May 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message