Re: SQL*Net v2: tnsnames.ora location under Unix

From: Charles Wolfe <cwolfe_at_popd.ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/05/09

Keith Davies wrote:

> I have searched through my manuals, but it's still a mystery. Where should
> the TNSNAMES.ORA file be put on a Unix machine?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Keith Davies

Keith,

It depends on the specific UNIX platform. /var/opt/oracle or /etc is the usual default location for the SQL*Net V2 parameter files and oratab.

hope this helps,

regards,
Chuck

*
*   Chuck Wolfe                         Phone: (703)838-9720
*   Senior Consultant                   e-mail:  cwolfe_at_ix.netcom.com
(Home)
*   NDC Group, Inc                               cwolfe_at_ndcinc.com
(Work)
*   625 Slaters Lane,
*   Suite 102
*   Alexandria, VA 22314
*
*   All the usual discalimers apply, except where otherwise indicated...