Re: Oracle, UNIX, WinNT, and ODBC...

From: Ken North <kennorth_at_interserv.com>
Date: 1996/05/09

> rlc_at_syl.nj.nec.com (Rich Chung) writes:
> Howdy all,
>
> I would like to access the database now from Unix - say Sun Sparc
> Solaris. By access, I mean that I would like to develop applications
> using the ODBC API on UNIX (actually, port my application to UNIX).

Rich,

No problem finding resources for Unix client development.

Visigenic has the ODBC SDK for Unix. It also has a driver manager and drivers for various Unix flavors (http://www.visigenic.com). Intersolv also has a driver manager and drivers fors various flavors of Unix (www.intersolv.com). There's more -- OpenLink (www.openlink.co.uk) and SimbaTech (www.simbatech.com)!

The April issue of DBMS (http://www.dbmsmag.com) has a list of 80 vendors of ODBC drivers with their contact information.

Ken North
author: Windows Multi-DBMS Programming

Resource Group, Inc.
2604B El Camino Real, #351
Carlsbad, CA 92008-1214
FAX: 619-729-5127
e-mail: kennorth_at_interserv.com or 71301.1306_at_compuserve.com Received on Thu May 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message