Oracle power objects - reports

From: Franck Brice <fb18_at_cornell.edu>
Date: 1996/05/09

I have a couple problems with the reports in Oracle Power Objects:

  1. the reports are called from a button that opens them in the print preview mode OpenPreview(). When the button is pressed for the first time, the reports is run normaly but once it's been run and closed another click on the button gives the message: "the report "" cannot be found" but it does not crash. If the button is clicked another time the report is run fine. Do you have any idea ?
  2. this question deals with the group header in the report. The application I am designing tracks the quality for a manufacturing facility. The report I want to create has a report header that contains a manufacturer name and ID #, the detail area contains all the information of all the parts that failed for that manufacturer in the header and the footer computes a total and failure rate. More important: I setup 2 fields that have the same data source as the field that contains the manufacturer ID# in the group header, one in the detail area and one in the group footer. In theory all these fields should display the same manufacturer ID# in the group header, the detail area and the group footer, and it should change when the manufacturer changes. Well it works fine for all the groups except for the group footer of the last one which contains instead the ID# of the first group header. Any idea ????
--

It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much
     about the problem. -- Malcolm Forbes

Franck Brice
Cornell Master of Eng.
fb18_at_cornell.edu