Re: error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO

From: Thomas J Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/05/09

Do a

SQL> desc dbms_application_info

If you get a no such object error message then you will need to run dbmsutil.sql and prvtutil.sql as the sys user using svrmgr or svrmgrl. For example:

svrmgrl> connect internal
svrmgrl> _at_dbmsutil
svrmgrl> _at_prvtutil
svrmgrl> exit

You will find dbmsutil and prvtutil in the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin subdirectory.

madhu_at_efit.elcm.eds.com (madhu aiyappen) wrote:

>After installing 7.3.2 ( as a new install) while using
>sqlplus I am getting the following error message.
>

>Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO
>you may need to install Oracle Procedural option.
>SET APPINFO requireds oracle server release 7.2. or later.

>Procedural option is installed on the system. ALso "pupbld.sql"
>was ran successfully.
>
>How can I correct this so that I do not get this warning while
>using sqlplus ???
>
>thanks
>
>Madhu Aiyappen

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government

opinions and statements are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation. Received on Thu May 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message