Re: How Can I .... ?

From: Mark Battersby <mark.battersby_at_mailbox.swipnet.se>
Date: 1996/05/08

Mark,

Yes there are other ways of doing this:

Try the UTL_FILE package which allows your PL/SQL programs to both read from and write to OS file on the server side.

You can in fact use UTL_FILE from within programs stored in the database server or from within client applications, such as Oracle Forms.

BTW. Dev 2000 offers a TEXT_IO package that is very similar to the UTL_FILE package, but as far as I know can only be used within the Dev 2000 environment, ie client side OS files.

Hope this helps,

Mark Battersby
Oracle Consultant

mark.battersby_at_mailbox.swipnet.se
In article <3190946F.1D8_at_pyramid.com>, markd_at_pyramid.com says...