Oracle ODBC problem

From: Fuzzy <grant_at_towersoft.com.au>
Date: 1996/05/08

The problem

A fairly simple select is prepared and executed on a server, with the ODBC response taking some tens of milliseconds. Then the app sends the first FETCH, and this takes approx 120000 milliseconds (ie two minutes!)

The select statement is

select name, occurances from name_table where name_type = 'T' and name between 'SOMEVALUE' and 'SOMEVALUE~';

We've tuned the db to death, analysed tables and stats, verified structures, etc. Another db (same structure) with half the content in the name table takes 500 milliseconds.

Anyone run into this kind of thing before? Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Ciao
Fuzzy (though not for much longer at the rate I'm losing hair over this one!)
:-)

Grant Allen                    | "Woo Hoo!"
grant_at_towersoft.com.au         | H. Simpson

The contents of this post are my opinions only. If swallowed, seek medical advice.