Re: Oracle error codes

From: <swiszyns_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/05/08

In article <319103EE.92B_at_pancredit.com>, Sean Walters <sean.walters_at_pancredit.com> writes:

>Tu Anh wrote:
>>
>> What do the error codes ORA-06512 and ORA-04088 mean?
>
>There is a old DBA accronym which goes R.T.F.M.

Or, if you're like our shop and have only one set of manuals that have been hidden away in the bowels of some unknown person's office, you can use oerr at the unix prompt...

Example:

$ oerr ora 6512
06512, 00000, "at %sline %s"

// *Cause:   Backtrace message as the stack is unwound by unhandled
//           exceptions.
// *Action:  Fix the problem causing the exception or write an exception
//           handler for this condition. Or you may need to contact your
//           application administrator or DBA.

$ oerr ora 4088
04088, 00000, "error during execution of trigger '%s.%s'" // *Cause: A runtime error occurred during execution of a trigger. // *Action: Check the triggers which were involved in the operation Received on Wed May 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message