Re: Help OPO : Format Mask

From: Rick Greenwald <greenie_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1996/05/07

newpres_at_ibm.net (Tulio Marin) wrote:
>How can I format a mask to a input field in OPO ???
>
>If I define a field with 30 text positions in a Blaze Structure and
>when I define this field in a Form with Datasize Propety with a value
>30, OPO only consists when I press the <Tab> key (Error FRW-00300).
>(VB don't do this)

I assume your talking about how OPO doesn't catch the error that the data size is too big until the user tabs out of the field. yep, that's the way it works.

For now, you could use the OnKey() method to see how long the Value property is after each keystroke. There's an example of using the OnKey() method with a password type field at www.inquiry.com, or it will be there soon.

  • Rick Greenwald The Power Objects Pro at inquiry.com