Re: Stored Procedure tool

From: Marty Himmelstein <marty.himmelstein_at_valley.net>
Date: 1996/05/06

Amir M. Farhi wrote:

> Ken Burchill wrote:
> >
> > I am looking for a tool to assist in creating stored procedures.
> > Ideally, this tool would work under Windows 3.1, and connect
> > to an Oracle database on a UNIX server. Right now I am using
> > Microemacs for Windows, then uploading the file to the server,
> > and then executing it in SQLPlus.
>
> --
>
> Hi Ken,
>
> Try to use Oracle Procedure Builder that comes with the Developer/2000
> set of tools. It will help you create stored procedures, functions
> and packages, and it has a debugging mechanism.
>
> It's available on Windows and you can connect it to your Oracle database
> via SQL*Net.

I use Platinum's SQL Coder, which I like quite a bit. I have used Procedure Builder a little, and I have found SQL Coder to be a more generally useful tool. The tool costs about $995, but has a number of nice features, like a version control system, a good editor, a schema browser, good GUI stuff, etc.

Marty Himmelstein, Oracle Consultant
marty.himmelstein_at_valley.net Received on Mon May 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message