Re: form4.5 question

From: Lee Levy <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/05/05

In article <4mdf8t$d29_at_badger.wmin.ac.uk>, ocqec_at_westminster.ac.uk (Hamid Reza Saiedy) says:

>I created a form with master detail block and attached a trigger to field
>called total_amount to calculate total.
>For that I wrote procedure as below:
>begin
> :total_amount := :period * :rate;
>end
>
>becasue rate is the field of table outside master-detail block and form so
>in runform it didn't calculate total.

Hamid,
I'm not quite sure what you have done, but the following is how I would solve this:
There are 4 possible situations:

A) total_amount & rate are in the master block
B) total_amount is in the master and rate is in the detail
C) total_amount is in the detail and rate is in the master, or
D) total_amount and rate are in the detail.
The following steps wont work well for B. Now do these steps:
1. create a post-query trigger on the block containing total_amount. 2. make the post-query trigger load the value of rate from the

   foreign table
3. THEN perform the total_amount calculation.

HIH
Lee

  Lee Levy, ISSD Technical Dream Team, Del Code (34)   BHP Information Technology, ACN 006 476 213   PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, Australia   PH: +61 42 75-5485 Fax: -5500 Tie: 8855-   Internet : levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au

Opinions expressed are mostly my own, so give me some credit. Received on Sun May 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message