[Q] Web Speed OCI/Oraperl

From: Charles Thayer <thayer_at_mediabridge.com>
Date: 1996/05/03

  Our oraperl CGIs (under sloaris) are awefully slow and we're investigating ways to speed them up. What's not yet clear is where the majority of time is spent in these short-lived processes. The candidates are :

  1. waiting to connect to the web server (apache)
    1. possible kernel network tweaking
  2. starting the cgi itself
    1. modify the httpd to incorporate the cgi directly find a way to reduce the oracle binary bloat
  3. connecting to the database
    1. preconnect (maybe a pool of cgis waiting to run)
  4. ora_open
    1. is there a way to pre-parse statements and/or cursors??
  5. queries: perhaps our sql is really just aweful
    1. reorganize table.

If you have experience with these problems please let me know.

/charles Received on Fri May 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message