Re: Silly Question!

From: Lee Levy <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/05/02

In article <4m8668$nfa_at_news.dot.gov>, rfrazier_at_mailstorm.dot.gov (Richard Frazier) says:

>Can someone tell me if there is in fact a
>difference between Developer 2000 and Designer 2000?
>
>Are these actually different products or two names for
>one product?
>
>Told you it was a silly question.....But I would like
>a serious answer.
>
>TIA

Not silly, just ignorant - which is normally fairly easily cured: Designer/2000 allows Analysts to record a logical design for a system, and then to convert to a physical design and then (if you want to) to actual generate the forms, reports, etc. Otherwise it just stores the data definition. Sort of a repository (it probably does more than this, but I dont use it personnally). My DBAs seem to like it.

Developer/2000 is Forms, Reports and Graphics sort-of integrated, allowing programmers to hack up front end forms and reports. The design tools for this are quite good.

MHO...
Lee

  Lee Levy, ISSD Technical Dream Team, Del Code (34)   BHP Information Technology, ACN 006 476 213   PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, Australia   PH: +61 42 75-5485 Fax: -5500 Tie: 8855-   Internet : levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au

Opinions expressed are mostly my own, so give me some credit. Received on Thu May 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message