Re: OO4O and C datatypes

From: Simon Lane <slane_at_interlink.net>
Date: 1996/05/02

In article <4m4l06$at2_at_ninurta.fer.uni-lj.si>, pmarko_at_news.fer.uni-lj.si says...

>Hi,
>
>please help me with this peoblem. It may be a silly one, but it is still
>a mistery to me.
>
>What is the C ekvivalent datatype for Oracle's DATE ?
>
>I use OO4O and have problems retriving DATE values into C++ program.
>Everything is OK, when I use a TO_CHAR, but I need an original DATE type
>and not a CHAR. I guess on the side of C++ programm, I should use
>'double', but I don't know what this value means.
>
>If you have any ideas, PLEASE email me :
>Marko.Plevel_at_rd.iskraemeco.si
>

>Thanks,
>Marko

I am not sure that there is a direct equivalent for the Oracle DATE. I think the closest equivalent are the various date structures available. Using BC4 C++, I use the Oracle TO_CHAR to retrieve to a string, and then convert to the format I need. Perhaps let me know what you are trying to do, and I could possibly suggest something more constructive. Simon Lane. Received on Thu May 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message