Re: Create synonym

From: Jim Gregory <jim.gregory_at_daytonoh.ncr.com>
Date: 1996/05/01

Hong, the script below can be used to use sql to create another sql script
from exisiting data in your data dictionary which then can be run to do what
you want.

rem             template for sql writing sql scripts
rem
set termout off
set echo off
set verify off
set heading off
set feedback off
set embedded on
set pagesize 0
set linesize 132
set newpage 0
spool syn.sql
select 'create public synonym '||table_name||' for '||table_name||';'

    from all_tables
/
spool off
start syn.sql
exit

>==========Hong Zhou, 4/30/96==========
>rem

>I have 50 or so tables, now I want to create synonym for them,
>same name as table name. How can I do this without manully one by one?
>
>Thanks in advance.

Opinions expressed are mine and do not reflect those of my company or clients. Received on Wed May 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message