installing workgroup2000 to SCO Unix problems

From: Yasuki Izaki <yizaki_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/04/30

Hello,

Is there anyone who has done an installation oracle 2000 to SCO Unix? I have Gateway2000 (P-90) with SCO UNIX OpenServer Enterprise version 5.0. And I'm having problems installing Oracle workgroup 2000.

[Problems]
 (1) During the installation, I'm getting many warning messages:

    Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "#B800B800C800"     Warning: Could not create pixmap.

    Since they are warning, I ignored them. Should I fix this problem?

 (2) The installation halts couple of times indicating linking errors:

    ld: Symbol fgetpwent in /usr/oracle7/lib/olc.o is multiply defined.     First defined in /usr/lib/libsocket.a

  • Error code 1 (bu21)
    >>> Relinking Error. The executables for ORACLE7 Server (RDBMS)
    were not made successfully. Please check the log file and repeat the installation procedure for ORACLE7 Server (RDBMS). What's the best way to fix this problem?

 (3) After the installation, I tried to run otoolbar anyway. It did not

    run without any error messages. What's wrong?

Any help would be deeply appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Yasuki Izaki

yizaki_at_ix.netcom.com Received on Tue Apr 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message