Re: Webserver problem

From: Jim Richards <jimr_at_aone.net.au>
Date: 1996/04/30

Somewhere in the midst of time, owen_at_hodes.com says...
>In article <318284B2.1DB8_at_icl.co.za>, Grant Visser <grantppp_at_icl.co.za> wrote:
>
>> I start the webserver with the command "wlctl start 8888", the server
> >starts and runs well right up intil I log
>> out of the shell in which I typed the command. The server then simply STOPS
>> ... no error log etc etc...
>
>Does it die or suspend processing?
>
>What shell are you using?

I have found that it doesn't detach itself from the parent process. What I tend to do is only use the admin server when I need to, so I log in and run the wlctl program for that. But for the normal stuff I develop and need a server always running, I have put the wlctl into the crontab and it laods itself at 2:31am ... so it has it's parent as the system, not as a shell.

--
"Strive to be the Spock of Programming. Accept only what is logical.
Reject that which has no explanation."