Delphi 1.0 CS on Win95 to Oracle 7.1/2.1.6.1 on DEC alpha?

From: Jason Pociask <pociask_at_news.maricopa.edu>
Date: 1996/04/26

I'm trying to connect Delphi 1.0 C/S via SQLLink, running on WIndows 95, with Oracle Client SQLNET installed off an Oracle 7.2 for Netware CD (Windows 16 bit client pieces only obviously) to Oracle running on a DEC Alphaserver 2100, which is running the SQLNET listener version 2.1.6.1.0 (Oracle engine 7.1.something). I keep getting an error, although I can run (Win16) SQLPlus on the same client and it connects to the same server/database no problem.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? BDE is set to use ORA72WIN.DLL, perhaps I don't have the syntax correct on the Server name... what should I be putting in the "Drivers" "Servername" if the TNSNAMES.ORA file has an entry of "OGT.world" with the correct setups as used successfully by local SQLPlus?

Thanks in advance,

Jason P. Received on Fri Apr 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message