Re: Win 3.1 --> WIN95 O7

From: Sten E. Vesterli <sev_at_comsprog.ping.dk>
Date: 1996/04/26

Uday Bikkasani was overheard saying:

> Alan DLane wrote:
> >
> > Have been unsuccessful installing the Windows95 Personal Oracle version,
> > and using the Windows 3.1 tools against it...Is there a "cookbook" on
> > how to make such majic happen?

> all the win3.1 tools are 16 bit apps... they did
> not work for me too. But we were able to connect
> the 3.1 apps to a 7.2 server on NT by installing
> the sqlnet for windows.

When I downloaded the PO7W95.EXE and unpacked it, I got a Windows95 and a Windows directory. Instructions somewhere (I forget exactly where) told me that to run 16bit apps, I had to go to the Windows dir and run setup.exe here.

This lets you install 16bit support for 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2. After doing this, I could connect to my PO7/Win95 from Power Objects (that isn't supported under Win95, but runs OK).

All of this doesn't use any SQL*Net. Hope this helps...

Sten Vesterli
sev_at_comsprog.ping.dk Received on Fri Apr 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message