Re: How to modify an stored procedure ?

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1996/04/25

In article <4lmr2s$1cj_at_news2.cais.com>, duffy_at_cais.cais.com (MCC) writes:
|> I want to modify an existing stored procedure, how can I get a copy of it and
|> modify it?
|>
|> Thanks in advance,
|> Duffy
You can select the text of the procedure from DBA_SOURCE. Save it to a file, edit as you see fit, and then resubmit the CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE command from SQL*Plus.

The following query should put the procedure code into proc.sql:

spool proc.sql
SELECT text
  FROM dba_source
  WHERE NAME = <procedure name>
  AND OWNER = <procedure owner>
  ORDER BY line;
spool off

--
Scott Urman
"The opinions expressed here are my own, and are not necessarily that of