Re: >>> HELP: MS-Access and Windows NT

From: Roger Austin <R.Austin_at_ioh.ac.uk>
Date: 1996/04/25

Dieter Oberkofler <dtr_at_leadingbits.via.at> wrote:

> I'm running the Oracle ODBC 16bit Driver for Oracle on my Windows NT 3.51
> System (with NewShell) and it works fine with most ODBC Applications
> except MS Access.
> I'm able to use the ODBC calls from C++ applications and from MSQuery,
> just MS Access doesn't work at all.
> MS Access gives me the following two messages when trying to connect to an
> ODBC device:

> ODBC-call failed.
> [OPL]connection rejected by data source(#0)

> Any help appreciated. (Please send also MAIL)

You don't mention which version of Access you're using, but I guess that with a 16-bit ODBC driver it must be Access 2.0.

I have had the exact same problem using Access 7.0, and it appears to be due to the NewShell. After I uninstalled the shell, everything worked fine. I don't know of any workaround if you want to continue using the NewShell, although it has been suggested to me that it may be necessary to install Access without the NewShell installed (but for all I know, this may be what you have done anyway).

Hope this helps

--
Roger Austin
<R.Austin_at_ioh.ac.uk>