/etc/oratab (where's it cached?)

From: Robert Nicholson <robert_at_justine.elastica.com>
Date: 1996/04/25

Hi, a DBA screwed up the entry to oratab for out instance the otherday and it basically meant that I couldn't connect with sqlplus without having a trailing slash on $ORACLE_HOME.

Upon correcting the oratab entry we noticed that we still needed a trailing slash. Basically we get shget errors upon logging into to sqlplus.

My question... is the entry in oratab cached anywhere other than orasrv or it is archived in any place such that a chance to the oratab file doesn't have have the immediate desired affect.

Oracle V 7.2.3

--
                  "Under the circumstances I will sit down."
            (PGP key: send email with Subject: request pgp key)