Re: dbms_output, where do they go?

From: Stuart Hemming <shemminga_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: 1996/04/21

> If I use DBMS_PIPE, I have to write a listener to catch the message,
> which I may end up of doing. If I had oracle7.3, I could have used
> file_util package to log the message into a file, but that is beyond
> my control.

'scuse my stupidity as I've not actually used DBMS_PIPE but is these are standard unix pipes couldn't you just create a pipe to, say

        "cat > <filename>"

Wouldn't this work?

These are *my* opinions. Please don't make the mistake of believing anybody else is stupid enough to think like this!
 Stuart Hemming                     | shemminga_at_cix.compulink.co.uk
 The Data Base                      | Tel: + 44 (0) 115 925 0005
 Nottingham UK                      | Fax: + 44 (0) 115 929 4668