Re: Developer 2000 weak points??

From: Ivan Isidor M. <i.martinez_at_codetel.net.do>
Date: 1996/04/20

openshaw_at_airmail.net (Mike Openshaw) writes:
> Borland's Delphi is laso worth a try if you're looking for a REALLY
> small footprint and fast performance. It's compiled programs are hard
> to beat and the system is inherently data-aware.
> Michael B. Openshaw
> Integrated Medical Networks
> (Opinions expressed are my own)

I'm currently working hard to beat Forms 4.5 on Win95 PCs. Delphi and VB4 Pro are the contenders. I can see that Delphi's good at working with data, but many of my programs and those of my fellow co-workers seem to have found a good place in neverland. Systems keep hanging up for no apparent reason.

Maybe is a version-one-itis problem, 'cause we are developing with Delphi 1.0.

On the other hand, VB4 Pro is not performing that well. Apps rarely crash, but the performance leaves much to desire. I know that there must be something to be done in order to increase performance with VB4. The problem is, that we haven't found it yet. Received on Sat Apr 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message