ORACLE Names - example config file needed

From: Andrew Hagenmaier <ahagenma_at_detroit.occ.uc.edu>
Date: 1996/04/19

I'm looking for a working names.ora file someone could send me as an example.

My problem is the example file in the Oracle Names manual uses a database to get its config info from when I would like to use a file (preferably the tnsnames.ora file). Then the Oracle Names book is so lacking in reference info that figuring out what Network Manager has created is near impossible.

Basically I'm looking for the names.ora file from a Solaris or HPUX (or any UNIX really) install that uses a file to get he configuration info from.

Thanks.

'A penny saved is a penny earned.' Ben Franklin
'Wrong. A penny saved is two pennies before taxes.' Accountant

        Andrew P Hagenmaier University of Cincinnati ahagenma_at_uceng.uc.edu Received on Fri Apr 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message