Re: Developer 2000 - Post Query ?

From: <dmoyer_at_gpu.com>
Date: 1996/04/18

In <3174EF9C.43C9_at_cpcuiia.org>, Ken Mills <mills_at_cpcuiia.org> writes:
>I have a master detail relationship and want to perform a
>calculation after "all" the detail records have been queried not
>after "each" detail record has been queried (not post-query on
>detail). Can I do it?
>--
>Ken Mills
>West Chester, PA.
>mills_at_cpcuiia.org

You cannot do it with a Post-Query Trigger but you could create a program unit and call it from your Key-Exeqry Trigger or whatever you use to retrieve the data for your Master-Detail blocks. In your KEY-EXEQRY trigger for your detail block you could have ...

BEGIN
  Execute_Query;
  Calculate_Totals;
END; If you had something else in mind you may also email me with the details.

D. Scott Moyer, Jr.                        dmoyer_at_gpu.com (work)
GPU Service Corporation                dsmoyer_at_enter.net (home)
Reading, PA Received on Thu Apr 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message