Re: Object does not exist

From: Mark Tomlinson <73125.1040_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1996/04/18

Hong Zhou <hzhou_at_icarus.cc.uic.edu> wrote:

# I export an Access table to Oracle. I can see it in Oracle data
# dictionary, but can not do anything to it. I keep getting
# ORA-00942 , saying table or view does not exist.
# I export serveral other, they all worked fine.
# I even can link it through Access. But in SQL*Plus, I can not do
# anything about it.
# I don't know whta's wrong, and how can I drop it?

What is wrong is that you exported it over with 'mixed-case' in the tablename or some other charater in the tablename that is not allowed in Oracle. To drop the table:

drop table "MyMiXedCaseTableName"

-Mark Received on Thu Apr 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message