Re: HELP!! can not create table ...

From: <mlanda_at_vnet.ibm.com>
Date: 1996/04/17

In <4l0sr8$59c_at_news2.cais.com>, duffy_at_cais.cais.com (MCC) writes:
>I am a new DBA, I create a user "john" on the default tablespace "users".
>I grant the "create session, create table" priviliege to john. I use
>'select * from user_sys_privs" confirm "john" have "create session and
>create table". John tried to create a table "create table junk (j
>number);" and has error message "ora-01950: no privileges on tablespace
>'users'". Can anyone tell me why? Thank you for help.

You have not allocated any space for use by john in tablespace Users.

Using DBA account issue:

   alter user john quota xxM on users;

Where xx is the maximum amount of disk space within TS Users that you want to allocate to user john (you could also give him unlimited).

M.Landa Received on Wed Apr 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message