Re: Snapshot

From: Saad Ahmad <sahmad_at_mfa.com>
Date: 1996/04/17

Frederic Rivalland (frivalla_at_walkyrie.univ-lr.fr) wrote:
> I work with Oracle V7.0 and i am looking for a means to fire a
> stored procedures for example during the nigth but without USER ( like a
> deamon).
> Is there a means to do it (without using operating system
> (UNIX:cron)) ??

In PL/SQL v 2.2+, Oracle 7.2+ you have a dbmsjob package for this purpose. Oracle uses this technique to update the snapshots internally.

(I am not sure about the earliest release that has these features).

*                          Saad Ahmad                        *
*                          Senior Software Engineer          *
*                          McHugh Freeman & Associates, Inc. *
*                          Ph:  (414) 798-7457               *
*                          Fax: (414) 798-8619               *
*                          E-Mail: sahmad_at_mfa.com            *