ANOTHER DEFRAG QUESTION

From: Charles Walker <cwalker_at_explorer.csc.com>
Date: 1996/04/15

Hi,

I keep reading conflicing statements from Oracle's own documentaion on this point. One stance is the ONLY way to defrag a tablespace is to do a USER export, drop and recreate the tablespace and import. Another says to defrag the tables in a tablespace it's OK to use a TABLE export, drop and recreate the table and import. My problem is I have a user that spans mulitple tablespaces, but want to defrag one tablespace at a time. Can I defrag a tablespace by defraging the tables in it? Received on Mon Apr 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message