Re: Grant select on another owners table

From: Ken Denny <kedenny_at_mail.concentric.net>
Date: 1996/04/15

Bryan Grenn wrote:

> Problem : I'm creating a new user and I was asked to grant that user
> select access on:
> xxxxxx.tablea
> yyyyyy.tableb and
> zzzzzz.tablec.
>
> I have the password for account xxxxxx, but the users have
> developed tables under yyyyyy and zzzzzz that they support.
> How do I grant access to these tables without involving the
> owners of yyyyyy and zzzzzz ? I know I can change the password
> for these accounts, do it and change them back, but I don't want
> to affect the user if they happen to try to login at the same
> time. Is there a way ?????

Users yyyyyy and zzzzzz would have had to use the "with grant" option when they granted access to xxxxxx. When you use the "grant" command, there is a command (I believe it's "with grant") which says "In addition to granting this privilege, allow this user to grant the same privilege to others".

I hope this helps
Ken Denny

--
                                __