Re: ASCII data import

From: Sanjay D. S. <sanjay_at_fsg.prusec.com>
Date: 1996/04/15

Teresa Narvaez <teresa_at_eng.gtefsd.com> wrote:
>Hi, I have a question about importing an ASCII comma delimited file into
>oracle. What tool can I use to perform this task? Thanks for any help.
>
>-Teresa

SQL*Loader utility can be used to load ascii comma delimited files. Refer to ORACLE Utilities Manual. To load data you'll have to write a control file using syntax supported by sql*loader utility. Type sqlload or sqlloader at command line prompt for all supported options.

--

Sanjay D.S.
Oracle Consultant