Re: SQL*NET 2 Desinger/2000

From: Mike Openshaw <openshaw_at_airmail.net>
Date: 1996/04/14

bdempsey_at_infobal.com (Ben Dempsey) wrote:

>Oracle Newbie here. I was talking to someone at Oracle tech support. We were
> discussing how to speed up access to our Oracle 7 database for Windows NT
>with a client running Designer/2000 and Sql*net 2. He told me of some bug in
>Sql*net 2 where the speed is cut in half. The solution was to add machine
>name to some config file. I did not fully understand him. Anyone know what I
>am talking about?

>Thanks.

First be sure that you have a TNSNAMES.ORA file in the \ORAWIN\NETWORK\ADMIN directory.
Then, be sure that the C:\windows\oracle.ini file contains a line LOCAL=tnsservice for the properly defined server in the TNSNAMES.ORA. Michael B. Openshaw
Integrated Medical Networks
(Opinions expressed are my own) Received on Sun Apr 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message