Re: [Q] SQLDBA don't need password ????

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_tibalt.supernet.ab.ca>
Date: 1996/04/13

MCC wrote:

> I just installed the Oracle 7.2.3 and I found I don't need password and I
> can get into "sqldba". My UNIX system is Solaris 2.5 and I login as
> "oracle". The user "oracle" is in "dba" group. When I type "sqldba",
> then "connect internal". Oracle does not ask me password. I can use
> "select" to look DB. Can anyone tell me why? Thank you for help.

If I remember correctly, this is the proper operation ... the software was installed under user 'oracle' and group 'dba', and if this matches (or at least the group matches), then you do not need a password from the local server.

Any other server requesting access, or any other user or non-group-dba user should be challenged with passsword.

/Hans Received on Sat Apr 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message