Re: Help with Oracle 7 menus

From: Sanjay D.S. <sanjay_at_fsg.prusec.com>
Date: 1996/04/09

j_graham_at_ix.netcom.com(Jonathan M. Graham) wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am an Oracle novice and I have purchased several books, which seem to
>be of limited help. I have a question that hopefully someone on the net
>can assist me with.
>
>I am defining an Oracle menu. On selection of the first menu item I
>wish to execute an SQL statement. In the command type I placed 5 which
>is the type for SQLPLUS. In the command line I enter a select
>statement. When I execute the application I get an error of the form
>
>SQLPLUS [usage] [options] etc. which gets repeated several times.
>
>On the other hand if I use command type 2 and enter an os statement in
>the command line window, the os command executes perfectly fine.
>
>When I enter 1 as a command type (menu) and type a menu name in the
>command line the menu does not appear.
>
>ANy help will be greatly appreciated.

In ORACLE MENU if you select sqlplus command type 5 you should specify. SQLPLUS -s user_id/password sql_scriptname

Menu will appear only if you as a user belong the role who has been granted access to the menu (Grant Role Access) , also "Display without Privilege" should set to true if you don't have access to this menu option, but still want to see menu displayed.

Hope this is useful.

Sanjay D.S. Received on Tue Apr 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message