Oracle Webserver Experiences

From: David Summers <summersd_at_teleport.com>
Date: 1996/04/08

I am interested hearing from anyone actually using the Oracle Webserver (preferablythe new 2.0 version).If we buy it, will we wish we had come up with another solution? We are being led to believe that a major advantage is the ability to call PL/SQL directly and avoid overhead. Is this reality or 'market-speak'?

We intend to use the web access for low to medium volume use (10-200 clients with casual access) on an intranet datamart. This will probably be a secondary access point: we expect the primary access to be SQL*Net/ODBC to PC based spread sheet/database/other tools. Received on Mon Apr 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message