Re: PL-SQL Blank-Lines

From: Mike <mboduch_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1996/04/07

Wachs Rene <Rene.Wachs_at_ezv.admin.ch> wrote:

Have you tried doing something like this:

DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(CHR(255)); to output a non-printing (and also non-space) ascii code?

I had a similar problem with this package some time ago. From SQL*PLUS all leading spaces are trimmed (not so from SQL*DBA.) I called in a TAR and Oracle claims that trimming the spaces makes sense (though they could never convincingly explain why.) Anyhow, if you're going to use DBMS_OUTPUT be prepared to end up with tons of bubble gum and bailing wire...:~-(