Re: DESIGNER 2000 - HOW TO SAVE A NEW APPLICATION?

From: Yoram zilberberg <elric_dm_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: 1996/04/07

In Article<316557EF.1AC3_at_ozemail.com.au>, <avion_at_ozemail.com.au> write:
> From: Sridhar Subramaniam <avion_at_ozemail.com.au>
> Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
> Subject: Re: DESIGNER 2000 - HOW TO SAVE A NEW APPLICATION?
> Date: Fri, 05 Apr 1996 09:27:11 -0800
> To: Raj Raghu <hr065_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu>
>
> Raj Raghu wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently installed Designer 2000 (v2.0) on a PC running on an Oracle
> > database (v.7.1.4). I have manager rights to the Repository.
> >
> > I am unable to create new applications from the Repository Object navigator.
> > I get the following error message when i try to save a new application
> > I create:
> >
> > "RME 0224: Failed to close activity."
> >
> > The software was installed using the tips provided alongwith the software
> > I got from OCSIG and the number of Indexes, files, buffers, etc., match
> > what was mentioned in the instructions sheet.
> >
> > The system runs on a Pentium 120 PC with 32 MB RAM.
> >
> > Would appreciate any help.
> >
> > Please copy your response to RRAGHU_at_FDIC.GOV.
> >
> > TIA and have a good weekend.
> >
> > Raj
> > ++Raj,
> We had similar problems sometime back. Check for invalid objects in the
> repository owner schema. Login as a the repository owner in SQL+. Execute
> 'select object_name, object_type, status from obj where status =
> 'INVALID'.
>
> If you do see invalid views - you need to recompile them. Spool the
> output and run : select 'alter view ' || object_name || ' compile;'
> from obj
> where object_type = 'VIEW' and status = 'INVALID';
>
> For compiling invalid procedural objects - a similar trick could work.
> You, however, need to order the procedural objects with a dependency
> order. This could get a little involved.
> I normally do a : exec sys.dbms_utility.compile_schema( 'schema_name' );
> where schema_name is your repository owner. This procedure takes care of
> the dependencies etc.
>
> Hope this helps
> --
> Cheers
>
> Sridhar Subramaniam
> Avion Consulting Services
> Sydney - Australia
> Email : ssubrama_at_nibucorp.ccdn.otc.com.au / avion_at_ozemail.com.au
>
> Disclaimer : All opinions are truly and just mine.

Also in the "Repository Admin Util" there is a utility/entry to Re-Build procedures and triggers, if there are invalid object try re-creating them from there Received on Sun Apr 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message