Re: OPO: Embedded forms

From: Peter Yamamoto <pjyamamo_at_daisy.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: 1996/04/04

In article <4jsvsj$art_at_newsstand.cit.cornell.edu>, Christopher Desforges <cwd7_at_cornell.edu> wrote:
>Why is it that OPO tried to flush data entered in a form when you
>click on an embedded form on that same form? Is there a way to
>disable this "feature" without setting ENABLED=FALSE for the embedded
>form?

I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about...

> Generic bugs fixed (both Macintosh and Windows)
> Bug 320511 - Changes to the database were always flushed when switching
> focus from one record source control to another, even if the two record
> source controls were sharing a common record source. Now, when the user
> moves input focus from a bound control to a control in another form
> sharing the same record source, the runtime no longer flushes the changes
> to the database.

This seems to indicate that the behaviour was changed only for the same Record Source.

Perhaps you are talking about the case such as an invoice entry where a required field such as DATE is not entered but the user proceeds to enter invoice items (they are accustomed to entering certain "master" data last)?

The workaround I used for that is to default any such data fields so that the "flushing" doesn't cause a problem. Then validate the data later.

Peter

--
Peter Yamamoto
University of Waterloo             MFCF Phone: +1 519-888-4567 x6488