Re: SQL*Loader

From: Tony Damon <bfntd_at_aimnet.com>
Date: 1996/04/03

Patricia McCreary (pattimcc_at_sdsc.edu) wrote:
: I'm new to Oracle and SQL*Loader. I'm just trying to load this data
: (below) into an Oracle table. The problem is my "MEMO" field is
: seemingly too large. In Oracle I set the datatype to VARCHAR2(2000),
: which was not large enough. So I set the datatype in my control file to
: VARCHAR(3000), which works but I get this warning in my log file.
:
: Warning on table SO_NS, column "MEMO"
: Variable length field was truncated.
:
: How do I set the field datatype so SQL*Loader imports all the data??
:

There is a 2000 byte limit on a varchar2 variable. You will need to use a LONG if you want to store more. Beware of some limitations using longs - see chapter 6 of server concepts.

Tony damon Received on Wed Apr 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message