Re: Audit Trail

From: LEV <lev_at_hq.icb.chel.su>
Date: 1996/04/02

Kin-Lin POON wrote:
->
-> I am trying to create a log which will record all the users
-> logging into a particular Oracle Database, whether his login
-> is from sql*plus, sqldba, whatever client programs. However
-> I find that there seems to be nothing like "when-connect"
-> trigger in the database. So how can I keep a list of the users
-> who have accessed my database?
->
-> --
-> Poon Kin-Lin. kpoon_at_hk.super.net http://www.hk.super.net/~kpoon
-> 852.252.56.531

Are you trying to use standard ORACLE audit? i.e.

  • in initXXX.ora insert a line: audit_trail=TRUE
  • restart ORACLE
  • using SQL*plus or SQL*DBA (connect system/manager) type next command: AUDIT SESSION;
After that use table sys.AUD$ or views like DBA_AUDIT_SESSIONS

     to keep track on all connects to your database. ORACLE7 Server, Administrator's Guide, Chapter 13: Auditing Database Use Received on Tue Apr 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message