Re: OPO: FORMAT( DATE, date_format_string )... Bug?...

From: Peter Yamamoto <pjyamamo_at_daisy.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: 1996/04/01

In article <Dp5LKv.45A_at_watdragon.uwaterloo.ca>, Peter Yamamoto <pjyamamo_at_daisy.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I tried using the format function but so far nothing I have tried
>seems to work...
>
>For example...
>
>Format( DATE, "mm/dd/yy" )
>
>According to the documentation I expect something like:
>03-31-96
>
>What I get is
>
>mmddyy
>
>There is an example in the sample applications which uses that exact
>syntax to format a date field...
>
>I tried "mmddyy" (eg no separator) as the format string as well
>as other formats and orders for mdy. They all return the format
>string (minus any separators if specified) rather than a formatted
>string!
>
>Another "bug"?

The sample application (SPIM) actually passes in a DATE+TIME variable. If you use SYSDATE instead of DATE in my example, it returns the expected value.

Still, I don't see how the documentation expects one to figure this out (or, as I asked, is it a [known] bug?).

Peter

--
Peter Yamamoto                     CS   Phone: +1 519-888-4567 x3299
University of Waterloo             MFCF Phone: +1 519-888-4567 x6488