Re: Personal Oracle (SQLPlus *3.1) connection problem

From: Mageshwar Sivagnanam <magesh_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/04/01

Hi Raghu,

Regarding the error 'ora-1034', this usually occurs if you have not started the database. The error message regarding the SGA just states that, there is no SGA is available - primarily because Oracle has not been started. Try starting it.

Incidentally, if you are using the 90-day trial period PO7 version, then the database logon is 'oracle7' and the password is 'oracle'.

Next you will have to connect to SQL*Plus. At this juncture you can give scott/tiger initially to get into the database for exploring. Alternatively at the SQL*DBA> prompt you can create your own user id and ... set the profile.... and happy working...

Hope the above was helful.

Best,
Magesh.