Re: SQL*Net TCP/IP problem

From: Zang <zang_at_omni.voicenet.com>
Date: 1996/03/28

In article <4it9d1$m9f_at_spruce.citicorp.com>, abhijit.belapurkar_at_citicorp.com says...
>Hi,
>I am trying to connect to a remote ORACLE7 dataserver on a Unix machine from
>my PC. I have installed FTP PC/TCP 3.0 (for Windows) and SQL*Net TCP/IP
 V1.1.
>7.8 on my PC. Now, FTP PC/TCP is definitely installed properly because ping
 &
>FTP to the Unix machine are both going through. But when I use Wintest.exe
>check the connectivity the error messages I get are - sometimes
 ORA-06109(me-
>ssage receive failure) and the rest of the times ORA-06110(message send
 fail-
>ure). I have installed SQL*Net exactly as per the manual. However, the
 manual
>says that this version of SQL*Net TCP/IP supports FTP PC/TCP 2.1. Is this
 the
>cause of the problem?
>Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.
>TIA.
Even though the oracle install of Sql Net does not have PC/TCP 3.0 it can still work. I believe there are 2 PC/TCP selections when installing Sql Net. You need to select the one which says Winsock next to it because PC/TCP 3.0 is Winsock complient. If that still does not work I would suggest upgrading your version on Sql Net. You are going to want to move to Sql Net V2 in the near future since Oracle is decommiting Sql Net V1.x as of June of this year.

        -Zang Received on Thu Mar 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message